Selden Auto Injury Treatment
In the past few years, we've cared for many patients with auto injury pain in our Selden, NY office. Chiropractic is the perfect approach to these kinds of problems, and some studies have shown that more than 90% of patients show improvement after a whiplash injury when getting chiropractic care.
A car crash subjects you to rapid, intense movement that it isn't designed to handle. Because of the severe stresses you're subjected to, the ligaments, tendons, nerve fibers, and muscle tissue of your body can be stretched, sprained, or torn during a crash. This can lead to persistent pain and impairment if not treated right away.
From our experience and success treating auto accident cases, we've seen these common signs and symptoms in our patients:
- Headache Pain - Practically every car accident patient in our clinic reports headache pain, and this can have a wide range of origins, depending on the type of injury you received.
- Low back pain - Another prevalent problem in adults and particularly after a vehicle accident.
- Neck problems - Your neck is one of the most vulnerable areas of your whole body during a car crash, and it can very easily be sprained. The fact is, most symptoms that develop after a crash can be specifically attributed to injury of the neck.
- Shoulder pain - Your shoulder joint can be damaged by the seatbelt, the strains on your arm during a crash, or can be a secondary symptom caused by neck injury.
- Jaw problems - Jaw symptoms (or TMJ pain) are still another common complication we see in our Selden, NY patients, and can be tricky to diagnose. Sometimes TMJ pain doesn't manifest for weeks or months after your injury.
- Radicular pain - Radicular pain can be diagnosed by numbness or prickling in your arms, hands, or legs, and many auto injury patients experience this problem.
- Vertigo/Dizziness - This is a complex symptom that can also have a wide range of causes. In most cases, we find that neck trauma is the primary source of this problem.
- Thoracic Outlet Syndrome - This is yet another symptom caused by trauma to your neck during a crash.
If you're enduring any of these symptoms after an automobile accident, give our office a call. It's important for you to know that you don't have to suffer! Chiropractic care is a safe, successful, and non-invasive method that works for these types of accidents.
If you've been injured fairly recently, it's important that you seek treatment quickly. With no treatment injuries can contribute to diminished range of motion and the creation of scar tissue, and that can lead to prolonged pain and disability. Studies show that early, gentle mobilization of the injured tissues can speed healing and protect against long-term problems.
Our clinic is conveniently located in Selden, NY, and we would love to help you get back on the road to health. Give our clinic a call right now at (631) 736-4414 for an appointment.