Dr. David J. BenEliyahu an award winning Doctor of Chiropractic who has been a licensed NYS Chiropractor since 1983.
He has the distinction and honor of being the Director of the Chiropractic Chiropractic Collaboration Program at Mather Hospital / Northwell Health in Port Jefferson, NY. The community program coordinates patient care between Chiropractors, MD's, and Mather Hospital to enhance the quality of care patients receive through inter-professional collaboration and communication.
Dr BenEliyahu is founder and Administrative Director of the Back and Neck Pain Center at Mather Hospital. The Back and Neck Pain Center is a unique integrative and interdisciplinary spine care program that is patient centered and evidenced based. Dr BenEliyahu coordinates and moderates the Orthopedic and Spine Grand Rounds at Mather Hospital as well as other interdisciplinary educational programs such as the Neurospine Summit, and The Non-Pharmacology Symposium for chronic pain.
Dr. BenEliyahu has been helping the community through his work at Mather Hospital, in addition to helping all of his his patients at the Coram-Selden Chiropractic Office. He has helped patients with pain relief, functional restoration, spinal rehabilitation and improved quality of life. As a dedicated Chiropractor with over 36 years of experience, he is committed to promoting the health and well being of his patients. He was selected to "Guide to America's Best Chiropractors', and he was selected to intern at the USA Olympic Training center in 1996, where he spent 3 weeks treating elite USA athletes in Colorado Springs.
He received a national recognition award for his paper on the effectiveness of chiropractic care for disc herniations of the cervical and lumbar spine, showing that chiropractic care can reduce the size of herniations. He has been published in over 50 articles in both medical and chiropractic journals, and has lectured extensively on chiropractic care. He has been invited twice to speak at the national convention of the Americas Chiropractic Association on collaborative care and population spine health.Dr BenEliyahu was awarded the 2019 Community Honoree Award by Mather Hospital/Northwell Health.
- Dr. David BenEliyahu has served the local community for over 3 decades
- Dr David BenEliyahu is a member of the American Chiropractic Association, and the NYS Chiropractic Association, American Back Society, American Academy of Pain Management, and the North American Spine Society,
- Dr David BenEliyahu holds a Diplomate form the American Board of Sports Chiropractic (DABCSP), the American Academy of Pain Management( DAAPM), and is a Fellow of the American Back Society.
- Dr. David BenEliyahu is certified in holistic care by Functional Medicine University- delete
- Dr. BenEliyahu was included in the "Guide to America's Top Chiropractors"
- Dr. BenEliyahu has published over 50 articles and studies in both chiropractic and medical journals
- Dr. BenEliyahu is a member of the USA Olympic Medical Society, and was selected in the past to treat elite USA athletes at the Colorado Springs Olympic Training Center.
- Dr BenEliyahu has received multiple nominations for 'Best of Long Island' for Chiropractors.
- Dr BenEliyahu/Coram-Selden Chiropractic Office was the first in NYS to be recognized for Patient Centered Connected Care by the NCQA (add)
- Dr. BenEliyahu is the 2019 Community Honoree of Mather Hospital in Port Jefferson, NY. The first and only Chiropractor to be given that honor and distinction
- BA, 1979 Binghamton University
- BS, DC 1982 National College of Chiropractic
- Diplomate, American Board Chiropractic Sports Physicians 1995
- Diplomate, American Academy of Pain Management, 1989
- Diplomate, National Board of Chiropractic, 1982
- Fellow, American Back Society, 1991
- New York, 1983
- Connecticut, 1983
Memberships & Associations
- American Chiropractic Association
- New York State Chiropractic Association
- International College of Chiropractic
- Recognized by NYSCA for Contribution to Integrated Care in NYS
- USA Olympic Medical Society
- American Academy of Pain
- American Back Society
- North American Spine Society